Happy Wednesday, everybody! This week is kind of kicking my ass. Let’s not linger on it. Let’s talk about DABWAHA instead.
What is DABWAHA, you might ask? It’s like March Madness, but for romance novels! Sponsored by Jane Litte and Sarah Wendell of the popular romance review sites Dear Author and Smart Bitches, Trashy Books, DABWAHA pits 2013′s most beloved romance novels against each other in a Bracket of Dooooom.
Or at least, that’s my understanding.
Oh, and the initials stand for “Dear Author Bitchery Writing Award for Hellagood Authors,” if that clarifies anything for you. Probably it doesn’t.
The main thing is, it’s fun! And I’m nominated in two categories, so there is also that. About Last Night will be competing in the category romance category, and Room at the Inn was nominated in the novella category. Each category currently has seven entrants; the eighth is nominated by readers at large. (That’s you.) If you want to see the brackets and vote for who you want to see in that eighth slot, go here.
This coming Saturday, the final entries will be announced, and on Sunday, March 17, you’ll be able to go back to the site and start picking your winners! I’ll keep you apprised of all the relevant dates so you can scurry on over and support me. I’m supposed to do that, I think — and also lots of trash talking.
You know what I’m not good at? Trash talking. Yeah. Maybe you can do it on my behalf, or something.
ANYWAY, getting to the POINT, I’ll probably be reading some of the other books and novellas in my brackets in the next few weeks, and maybe you will want to, too? Here are the deets:
In category romance, About Last Night is up against these fine novels:
- Her Outback Rescuer by Marion Lennox ( A | BN | K |S )
- Once a Ferrara Wife by Sarah Morgan ( A | BN | K | S)
- Her Best Worst Mistake by Sarah Mayberry ( A | BN |K | S )
- St. Piran’s: Wedding of the Year by Caroline Anderson ( A | BN | K | S )
- In His Eyes by Emmie Dark ( A | BN | K | S )
- My Fair Concubine by Jeannie Lin ( A | BN | K | S )
I’ve read Once a Ferrara Wife (awesome) and Her Best Worst Mistake (also awesome — I recommended it here) already. (I told you I was bad at trash talking.) The others are all new titles and authors to me, so yay for that!
In the novella bracket, I’m up against these guys:
- The Governess Affair by Courtney Milan ( A | BN | K |S )
- Galileo’s Holiday by Sasha Summers ( A | BN | K | S )
- Girl With the Cat Tattoo by Theresa Weir ( A | BN | K| S )
- Breath on Embers by Anne Calhoun ( A | BN | K | S )
- A Perfect Holiday Fling by Farrah Rochon ( A | BN | K| S )
- Overtime Love by Beverly Jenkins ( A | BN | K | S )
So, basically, I love all my opponents. Maybe I can find a way to turn excessive love into a weapon. I’ll squeeze them to death!
What about you guys, have you read any of the books in my brackets? What did you think? I’ll take recommendations for which ones are your favorites if you’ve got them.