So you may have heard about this thing called DABWAHA. It’s like March Madness, but for romance. Fun!
(Still not ringing any bells? Here’s a primer. Come back when you’re done, ‘kay?)
Who will win? Who will lose? Who will be the Gonzaga of DABWAHA, slaying better-seeded opponents left and right?
Me, I hope. Because my seeds are not so hot. About Last Night is seeded thirteenth in region 3, and Room at the Inn is fourteenth in region 4. It’s like they think I don’t have game, or something. HOW COULD THEY THINK I DON’T HAVE GAME?
So. Right. Anyway, right now is the Period of Mulling and Trash-Talking, where readers pick their brackets and authors sling shit at each other, hoping something will stick to sully their opponents’ reputations before the actual voting begins on Thursday.
But I’m not the trash talking sort. No, no. I just dispense information. So here are two informational voters’ guides to help you choose which book should win in the particular match-ups in which I am involved. First up, the Battle of the Bad Girls:
(Click for full size image.)
I’m also involved in the Battle of the Holiday Smut:
(Click for full-size image.)
As you can see, there are tough choices ahead. How to motivate my faithful fans to vote for me? How, I say?
Well. I did have a few ideas.
* If About Last Night advances to round 2, I will post a deleted scene in which City plays rugby.
* If About Last Night advances to round 3, I will post a deleted scene in which City gets a blow job.
* If About Last Night advances to round 4, I will post a deleted scene in which City punches Winston in the face.
* If About Last Night advances to the Final Four, I will write an epilogue to About Last Night and post it for free on my website.
Yes? Does that work for you chickens? I THOUGHT SO.
Unfortunately, I don’t have any deleted scenes from Room at the Inn, so I’m forced to dig deeper. Way deeper. Like, all the way back to my very first, rather embarrassing manuscript deep. So.
* If Room at the Inn advances to round 2, I will post the first chapter of my first manuscript, Rebound. As is. With all the embarrassing newbie mistakes left in.
* If Room at the Inn advances to round 3, I will post the first kiss from Rebound.
* If Room at the Inn advances to round 3, I will post the blow-job scene from Rebound (which is really rather good, if I do say so myself).
* If Room at the Inn somehow miraculously makes it to the Final Four, I’ll post whatever the heck you guys want from Rebound — full sex scenes, dark moment, happy ending, whatever.
Now go out and spread some completely unbiased information on my behalf. I’ll be back Thursday to hector you to vote!